Friday, March 29, 2013

Welcome to Fridayland

It's Friday, and weirdly, we have sunshine.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I'm still a bit disappointed that we didn't have much in the way of snow over the winter.  But at the same time I really do like the fact that I can wander through the house barefoot (like normal) and not lose feeling in my toes.  (I know, put on slippers.  I have slippers...  somewhere.  Maybe under the bed?  Or they might be hiding with the sheets that I can't find.)

Really what I want to do though, is go outside (this is not abnormal.  I love outside.) and take my camera to the woods.  Big woods.  We only have a tiny wooded undeveloped park nearly my house.  It takes me about 5 minutes to walk from one side of the woods to the other.  I want the kind of woods where it takes you half an hour or more to go from one side to the other. 

I want woods where there are lots of things to take pictures of and stuff to look at and birds/bugs/animals to listen to/for. 

And no people.

The woman in the cube next to me at work is a sigher/whiner.  She has actively complained about how much she dislikes her job.  And so she sighs.  About every 2 minutes.  And she makes random noises.  She snorts, wheezes, whines, and then hollers OVER the cube walls at people several cubes down so that she can have a yelled conversation about things.

Combine that with other people who come to work sick, and people who knock into my cube walls, knocking things down, or whatever, and yeah...  no people sounds like a FABULOUS thing right now.

However, instead of going out to no-people land...  I shall go to a friend's house on Saturday so that we can get rid of icky fleece bits.  And I plan to go through some of my fiber and see if I can make some batts that are in my imagination. 

And Sunday shall be taxes.  Nothing else.  I can't afford to do anything that costs money right now, so it shall be taxes and going to a friend's house.

You know you want to be me.  ;)

No comments: