Friday, January 20, 2017

Short update today

I meant to post last weekend and the. Then*n the whole weekend kind of got away from me.

Thank you to the people who commented on my last post with supportive messages. I appreciate it. It does help sometimes.

We 20 days into the new year. I'm 50 days into the current semester and I just scheduled my first final for the semester. Gotta brush up on the details, but I don't expect to have trouble.

I got into a bit of a discussion with my school counselor last week because apparently they are trying to veer away from the "go at your own pace, in your own way" model. This will not end well for them. The vast majority of their students are like me, working adults trying to fit in more education around a work schedule. We enrolled with this school specifically to be able to fit it around work. So telling me (us) that we suddenly have to follow a schedule that wasn't part of our enrollment agreement is rather upsetting.

I'm still enjoying my job. Still enjoying my coworkers. It's nice to have a job where I may wake up and not want to go to work, but it's more because I want to snuggle back under the warm covers than because work makes me want to kill things.

This weekend is set to be a lot of house keeping. I really want to get things hauled out to the recycling or the trash or to Goodwill. I have a movie to watch and books to read. But I have chores that need doing as well.

For now, I need to water plants, and get finished getting ready for work. I'm working from home today, so it's not going to take long. :)

And as a last thing. Take a look at the baby blanket that I finished and sent to my nephew as a christmas gift:


No comments: