Thursday, March 12, 2009

I've been too busy to post!

I decided at the end of February that I wanted to figure out the more "traditional" wire wrapping process. Take a look at the result:


I think it turned out very nicely for only my second wire wrapped piece ever. I named it "Eye of the Maelstrom" because it really reminds me of hurricanes. The colors, the shapes... hurricanes. I think it is a beautiful piece. I put it on a doubled length of chain, so you get 1 that supports the necklace, and one that drapes slightly so you get a really pretty flowing look.

I have been working quite a bit on more jewelry (except for Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday, one of my cats got sick all over my craft area. I spend tuesday cleaning it up, and wednesday airing it out. :)

Today I was able to get back to work on the jewelry, and I had some new stones to play with. Take a look at one of today's pendants:

This one is called Dance with the Wind. Because it really MADE me make it this way. I was originally going to make a different pendant with a different stone and black wire. But when I looked at the wires I had just cut, it was 5 strands of silver instead of 4 of black. And it was the wrong length for the other pendant. So I made this one instead. :)

This is Blue Flash Labradorite. It's beautiful. The pendant is about 3 inches long, not quite, but close. I was very pleased with it. The wrap of the silver across the face reminded me of a really strong wind that swirls past you making you feel the need to turn with it.

I put this on a 20 inch chain with a small spiral carved chunk of green flash labradorite on the far end. That way it's pretty on both sides. ;)

If you are interested in seeing any of the other wire wrapped pieces, please take a look at them in my Etsy Store.

No comments: