Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Busy busy busy!

I have 2 new beautiful necklaces made tonight! I was so pleased with them!

A while ago I had bought some freshwater pearls that I thought were white or off-white. I bought them because they were on a SERIOUS sale. As in one of those "I NEED to buy those, the price is too good not to" type of sales. I think I got them for $1 for the two strands.

Anyway, when I put them next to the white pearls, they were definitely pink. PINK! They are a delicate, shell-pink... the kind of pink that just barely blushes across the inside of a curled seashell.

They are pretty, but at the time I had nothing in mind to make with pink pearls. And then while I was tidying up a spread of jewelry supplies, I found 2 small bags of rose quartz beads that I had gotten a while ago. I had beautiful faceted tear drops and faceted hearts. The best part of all of this is that the pink pearls almost EXACTLY match the pink of the rose quartz. It's PERFECT!

I ended up putting them together so there are pearls and then rose quartz tear drops interspersed with the pearls and then the heart in the center.

I don't wear pink, but I would seriously think about it for these two... :)

Take a look. I haven't done the "real" photographs for these to be listed, but I wanted quicky photos so that I could show what I have been working on.

This is the Pink & Silver This is the Pink & Gold

No comments: