Saturday, July 11, 2009

2 super busy weeks...

I finally got offered a job. A real job! It's a contract job, so it won't last for long. But it's a job just the same.

So the last 2 weeks have been crammed full of trying to get paperwork filled out for the new job and the background check and all kinds of other things.

I have managed to find some time to spin a little bit. I was sent some silk hankies and I spun those into a super thin single ply yarn. I will probably use it to ply some other yarn. I don't have any pictures of it yet.

I have put away quite a few more things, and I bought some shelves at Ikea. I forgot to bring in the water from the car, so I will have to do that tomorrow.

I have more final plans for the belly dance hip scarf that I am making for a friend. I will be crocheting it and then dyeing it after it is crocheted.

I have gotten more yarn dyed and my first attempt at dyeing roving. I have some beautiful roving that is dyed in a double rainbow. It looks like a tie-died hippy exploded all over it. :)

I also dyed up 4 ounces in fire colors. I sprinkled dry dye on the wet roving on the ends, and then added red and yellow dye so that I have red on one end, yellow on the other, and orange in the center. I am debating on that one. Part of me wants to spin it exactly as is. Part of me wants to flip half of the roving over. I think I might do both. If I like the results, I can always make more.

I got a surprise call from the recruiter saying that I will be starting on Monday, even though all my paperwork said Tuesday. Surprise! I was annoyed, but I was annoyed more because I had plans for things that needed to get done on Monday than because they changed plans.

So now I need to try to cram all those things into today and tomorrow. And Tomorrow has the zoo.

I am going to see if I can find an oil change place near the new office and get the oil in my car changed on Tuesday.

Dang, I wrote all this yesterday and somehow got all confused and distracted. So this was yesterday's post, yeah. :)

Go see pictures of my roving, yarn, and jewelry on my Flickr account.

No comments: