Saturday, January 23, 2010

3 weeks later

So my resolve to post more often hasn't met with much success.

Work has had to take precedence over art and my jewelry has all had to be set aside for the most part recently.

I finally got to do some yesterday as I made some alpaca shaped earrings for Lynne, the nice lady who sold me a TON of alpaca fleece. They were a sample based off of a pair of earrings she has, and I can mimic them easily enough. I will probably make some other changes as I go, but they are simple. I do, however, need to get thicker gauge wire to make them with.

I also made a necklace version of my stitch marker bracelet. I wasn't completely happy with the result and neither was my tester. So it's back to the drawing board for now. I have 3 new ones made up now and we'll see how those work out.

For now, it's bedtime. Tomorrow is a big picture day at the zoo.

No comments: