Thursday, March 18, 2010

yes, yes, my ability to update sucks bollocks

I understand this, I really do. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. None of my other websites are getting updated either, so it's not specific to this one. :D

But I am working on new items, I continue to spin and dye fiber. I am also working on new jewelry.

I just did this piece tonight in about 10 minutes! I was thrilled because this is very fluid, organic, and lovely, and SUPER FAST.
I think it isn't PERFECT for my likes, but it's not bad for a first time trying this idea. The labradorite was SUPER cheap, but has amazing flash to it. I used super soft wire since I have that, and I have LOTS of it. I have seen other people who make things similar to this, but most of them go WAY too busy for me. They have loops and swirls and more and more loops and swirls. But they are too busy for me. I already have found myself tweaking on this, so I know I'm not finished. :)

In fact, take a look after tweaking:
Isn't it beautiful? I think there might be a few too many swoops on the side, but I'm willing to forgive that for this one because of the z shapes. I am SO happy with those!

Okay, it's after 10 and while I want so badly to keep working, I need to go to bed.

No comments: