Thursday, June 24, 2010

Muahahahaha!

I think I mentioned that I had a good idea for new jewelry. :D

I ordered the components from one of my regular suppliers and when I received them, the tear drop crystals (cubic zirconia) which were labeled as "garnet"-colored are really more peach-colored. You know that orangey-red that a good peach has? Yeah, that color.

I need RED, dark red, like real garnets (except that I wasn't finding garnets cut in the shape and size I needed.)

I also couldn't find the Swarovski crystals in the correct size, shape, and color with my regular supplier. So the incorrect things will all have to go back this weekend.

BUT... I was looking at a secondary supplier last night, and HOORAY! They were clearancing the exactly right size, shape, and color in Swarovski crystals. So I am getting 600% more crystals for the same price.

And I found a new supplier for some of my metals, and that's fantastic. So I am going to order from them next time I need rings and metals.

For now, real-world job is stressing me out. I love my job, don't get me wrong, but we're in the middle of the super amazingly busy time of year and I have so many things going on that I am feeling overwhelmed this week.

But I try to take smaller bites of work to chew and then it's a bit more handle-able.

Today, I am going to make myself some dinner and then head to bed. More work tomorrow! :)

It will calm down in August and I will catch up this fall.

In the meantime, I have the new components on the way and they will be here early next week. Then I can make the new jewelry items and get them ready for market!

No comments: