Friday, July 13, 2012

It's Friday The 13th!

Hope you are watching out for masked, machete carrying men...  ;)

It's been awfully warm here since the last post.  Not as hot as elsewhere in the country, not by a long stretch, but very warm for here.

I'm not a big fan of heat, I like warm blankets on the bed, a warm fire crackling in the fireplace, warm hand knit wool socks on my feet, but hot days (and nights) of summer do not appeal to me.

I was thrilled to find rain this morning.  It didn't last long, and the air was horribly humid still, but it was cooler than it had been in ages.

TdF is still going on, which means I'm still spinning a lot of fiber.

I finished the 4 ounce braid from Spinner's Candy and I will be plying that tomorrow.  I'll show you a picture of it before it's finished though:






It's beautiful.  It is a mix of reds, purples, and blacks.  The red has stayed red in some spots, but faded down to raspberry in some spots.  The purples are all on the red end of purple and range from really purple to red grapes.  The black wanders from gunmetal grey to full black.  I'll have another picture once it is plied and finished.

I'm now spinning some beautiful BFL wool from Crown Mountain Farms.  I got a lovely dark grey semi-solid color and the grey broke in places to show off some of the foundation colors like purple.  I plan to pair that with some lavender and black fiber.  I'll have pictures of that when it is finished.  :)

This week should have been quiet, but it won't be.  I have bills to pay, a door to fix, things to put away, things to get rid of, things to throw out.  I have a large delivery arriving on Sunday, so I need to find space for that.  I have dinner with friends on Sunday evening and it will hopefully not be too hot.  And hopefully all the zoo birds will behave this time, since they conspired to rob us of our evening last time.  :)

I won't be baking bread this weekend, since I still have a third of a loaf left, but I am thinking that I will get out a couple of my tiny cinnamon rolls from the freezer and bake them.  Possibly with breakfast on Sunday. 

If I had the money, I'd go buy a couple sets of steel shelves so I could get some more things organized.  But since I don't have the money for that right now, I'll content myself with getting rid of stuff instead and clearing the area where I want to put the shelves when I CAN afford them.

I hope everyone has a good weekend, hopefully one not nearly as busy as mine!  :)

No comments: