Monday, April 15, 2013

What is it about Mondays?

I know why I'm busy on the weekends.  It's because I work so much during the week that the only time I have left is the weekends and I need to cram in ALL THE THINGS THAT NEED DOING.

But I find it annoying that this ends up meaning that buy the time Monday comes around I'm as tired as if I hadn't had a weekend at all.

And then the Boston Marathon attacks happened and I question just how crabby do you have to be to do that sort of thing?

I do not understand the mentality of anyone who would do such a thing.  I understand that sometimes it's a cry for attention.  I understand that sometimes it's a power trip.  I even understand (sort of) that sometimes it is a twisted idea of religious activity.

I can at least understand all those things on paper.

What I don't understand is why anyone would deliberately try to hurt other people that they have never met and have never hurt them in any way.  Any REAL way.

Geez.  When I was much younger, STREAKING was the cry for attention of choice.  Let's go back to streaking.

Please?

I'll take the mental scarring of seeing some of the streakers from when I was younger again, rather than seeing people going out of their way to kill or maim random strangers.

No comments: