Sunday, April 13, 2014

Busy weekend here, how was yours?

It's been an exciting weekend here. And not in a good way. The short version is that If you routinely fight with your significant other, and the fights involve yelling/screaming/accusations of abuse... don't live in an apartment or an apartment-like condo. It will result in the police being called. And no, I was not in a fight with anyone. Yesterday I ended up taking a nap, not entirely on purpose. I had gotten up earlier than I would have liked, and had breakfast. But after breakfast I thought I was fine and then suddenly I was just about asleep on my feet. So I ended up taking about a 2 hour nap and Shu spent most of it cuddled up next to my pillows petting my cheek while I slept. Then I went to the coffee shop for our spinning group meeting and was just rather out of it. When I got home, Shu spent most of the evening trying to herd me back to the bedroom to snuggle with him on the bed some more. Which is hilarious, since Shu is a cat, not a shepherding dog. :) Suffice to say that the excitement from last night made it so I only got 4 hours of sleep over the course of the night in 2 hour blocks. So I'm kind of out of it today as well. However, as of right now, the dishes are 90% done and I have 3 boxes of kitchen items packed and added to the stacks of boxes in the living room. I intend to pack 2 more boxes tonight, do at least 1 load of laundry, and spin a bit more on the camel fiber that is currently on my spinning wheel. I made the sad decision that I should suspend my DVD plan with Netflix. I will keep the streaming, but because of the move and the timing, I don't want to run the risk of possibly damaging any DVDs and I don't want to pay for the service if I am not using it. So the DVD plan is cancelled for now. The nice girl on the phone was surprised to see how long I have been with Netflix. Apparently she doesn't see many people who have had a continuously running subscription for 15 years. :) I did want to make sure she (and Netflix) knew that my cancellation was just for the move, not for anything else. I will add DVDs back probably in about 6 months or so. Other than that, it's been a pleasant day. I have felt exhausted, but rather productive, and I realized that I need to go to Trader Joe's tomorrow so that not only can I get all the things I need to make lasagna, but also to get a wine box or two from them. I have several glass bottles with flip tops, and those are staying with me, thank you very much! After the move, I am getting a water kefir culture from a friend and I will need the bottles for the second stage of kefir making. Now, though, I need to go start laundry.

No comments: