Friday, March 28, 2014

Six very long months later

I want to believe that I am a stronger person. I want to believe that all of this happens for a reason. This time has been filled with a lot of soul searching for me. I did seriously look at the possibility of moving to another state. If I was offered a job in another state early during the unemployment, I probably would have taken it if it was a decent fit for me. However, the job market everywhere was and continues to be, rough. After 6 long months of trying to find work (heck, around christmas, it was a full time job just to find a single thing to apply to!) I finally have a job. That is the good news. The bad news is that I am back doing low paid call center work. However, that is really the only bad news part of this. I am an employee, not a contractor. I get full time work, 40 hours a week. There may be the opportunity for overtime at times. The people in the call center are not the angry, bitter phone jockeys that I was surrounded by at my last several call centers. And this company actively encourages its employees to grow their skills and advance if they choose to do so. Lastly, it is a company that I have worked for before on contract, and I know them and for the most part liked how I was treated there. I am still in the process of trying to move. The bank is two-face, lying, and I really think should be shut down by the government for duplicitous business practices. Case in point, the most recent activity is that they told my realtor 2 days ago that the short sale was still being looked at and examined. There was no foreclosure in progress. However yesterday, their attorneys taped a note to my door telling me that the foreclosure is in progress and I have to be out by the end of June because the condo is going to auction. So it's back to packing. I am going to be spending most of my time this weekend packing everything. No longer will anything other than clothes, my laptop, and things I need for work be left unpacked. It all needs to be packed and it all needs to be packed right now. I am going to go check out an apartment this weekend to see if it would work for me. With any luck, I will go see a second one as well. The final big leap was that I decided to finish up my schooling and have the piece of paper that says I graduated. I'm in the midst of applying for financial aid and should have that settled soon. This is a very hard time, but I do think that I am coming out of it stronger, more self assured, and yet also more cognizant of the fact that learning is HARD!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Crap! I never long on here and to see this breaks my heart. I am in a place in Wyoming where my phone does not always work and I am in the thick of crazy work. But I will try to call you. If you do not hear from me it is because the call wouldn't go through and then my brain ran out of room and I forgot I was trying to get in touch.
So, please call me in the next week or so!
Love you1