Wednesday, April 22, 2015

There needs to be a better way

I admit it. I have thought often about updating my blog and then I get distracted by... well, anything, and the thought flies out the window.

You know one of the big reasons why? Because it isn't super accessible in my browser. I have to have it bookmarked. The bookmark isn't obvious, so then it is easier to forget. Which is sad, because I really do INTEND to update far more frequently. I have plans for posts and then it's OOooh SHINY!

What's been going on in the last 4 months? School mostly. Work the rest of the time.

Work is still full of kindergarten drama. We did a shift bid so that people could reorganize their schedules. I moved to the 4 10-hour shift that I really wanted. Then I was tapped to be a lead for about 6 months (up to a year) and switched back to 5 8-hour shifts. There was more drama of the kindergarten variety, and one of the leads is being removed from lead status. It wasn't me that caused it, and I remind myself of that every time I feel even slightly guilty. Then this past Sunday, I was switched back to the 4 10-hour shifts. Still a lead, but back to the other shift. It's enough to make a saint swear. But i really wanted this shift since it will be easier to arrange school tests with 2 days off during the week.

As for school, I've passed my 2 finals for this semester. One was on ethics and one was on Business Law and Ethics. Yay me! The business law was the harder of the two. I have some modicum of experience with ethics in the workplace, but not much with law. But after much study, I passed that test with a very comfortable margin. I have 5.5 weeks left in which to research, write, and record a speech, as well as in that same time period, write a paper on an ethics plan for a fictional grocery store.

After much tail chasing, I think I may have a topic for my paper. I am tentatively planning on how I use knitting (and maybe spinning) as a stress management tool. I have study group tonight and tomorrow (normally we are 1 night a week, but Bri needs more time for study since her last chance to take her last final of the semester is this week.) So I am thinking of doing research to find articles about knitting being a popular stress reliever in celebrity circles, and find the articles about knitting being "the new yoga" and crap like that. Once I have several of those, then I need to write up my outline and start fleshing it out. The paper shouldn't be so difficult, since that topic was given to me. But I really want to get the speech done next week and turned in, then focus on the paper for a couple of weeks, get THAT turned in, and have about a week or so to make any revisions that are necessary.

I also do want to figure out a way to make it easier to see the link for this blog. If I can do that, then I might actually start posting more frequently again.

No comments: