Saturday, August 5, 2017

3 weeks or so

Just over 3 weeks before the baby bird gets to come home.

It's hot and sticky, and also smoky here in Washington. The Canadian Wildfires are still burning and the smoking is flowing down to us.

I mean, we're good with sharing, but it would be nice to share something else other than smoke.

Unfortunately between the heat and the smoke, I don't want to take baby bird outside. So we hung out inside and got underfoot. We can't do that again, but it was nice to see him again. He appears to recognize me, which is nice. He spent some time grooming my hair and ear, because apparently he thinks I don't wash well enough. :D

No pictures today, it was too hard to try to wrangle him and the towel and make sure we stayed as close to out of the way as possible. I couldn't add a camera on top of that. Maybe next week.

I brought home ice and dry ice today from the grocery store. Some of the ice went into my freezer, but about half the bag went into the big bucket and the dry ice went on top of the ice. The bucket is now behind my box fan and is the super version of a swamp cooler.

I need to get back to work on my paper for school. It's just so dull and I've got so many things to do. School is not what I want to do.

I know that I need to, and I know that it's a good thing and will give me something that is worth the effort, but still so dull.

Blah.

The heat doesn't help. It makes me slow and cranky. And ill.

Tonight hasn't been super productive. Tomorrow will be a bit more productive between chores and paper. But I'll still be grumpy. :D

No comments: