Saturday, August 19, 2017

Finally cooler, autumn is on the way

I've finally gotten a garage at my apartment complex.

It's not huge, it is a single car garage. But it's bigger than my storage unity, and costs about the same. I'm going to hire movers to bring over all my stuff from my storage unit and move it into my garage.

I have shelves and a workbench on one side of the garage. This makes me really happy since I can actually work on things out there. Like sorting fleeces, or carding wool. Some of which I cannot do in the house.

I've also moved some items from the house to the garage. One of which will likely come back to the house if it gets warm again, since it's an umbrella to go with my patio table and chairs.

Right now, though, I'm far more interested in getting stuff OUT of the house. I want to clear up enough space that I can put together the shelves that I got from IKEA a few weeks ago. I need to get those put together soon, since part of why I got them was to keep things away from small kitten paws.

I met the kittens last week. I swear, I was supposed to get 2 siblings. 4 weeks old when I met them, and they are so sweet, so small, and still slightly wobbly. Blue eyes still for all of them and because they are all tiny babies with tiny feet and tiny noses, I just wanted to cuddle them all and take them all home. However, I'm limited to 2 cats. Even if it wasn't the rule of the complex, it would be my rule. 2 is plenty.

There are 5 kittens in the litter, 3 tabbies and 2 black. One of the tabbies is a little grey tiger stripe and I really thought he or she should come home with me (provided we meshed when we met.) I've never owned a tabby, so this would be new. I wasn't particular, I told my friend to just pick me out a couple of good ones.

Then I met them. And more than just the 5 kittens. I met momma cat (sweet cat, not a good fit for me. She wants to be an indoor/outdoor cat, which doesn't mesh with my lifestyle or beliefs. She's super sweet though.) I met all 5 kittens, and wrestled with them (my hand vs the kittens.)

And I met the 3(ish) month old, unrelated kitten from a previous litter of another momma. The 3 month old was abandoned before even being picked up by his (her?) new owners. They just never showed up. This is one of the sweetest cats I've met in ages. I sat on a stool, cat-teen hopped up next to me and offered to give me something to do with my hands (petting, of course.) I watched cat-teen be super gentle with the kittens and back down before momma cat who hates his/her guts. When I moved to the low chair to better see kittens and be seen by kittens, cat-teen came leaping from my friend's lap over to my lap, ran up my chest to head butt me as hard as possible. And then insisted that I needed to make a cradle of my arms to cuddle and pet cat-teen who also decided it was bath time, kill my necklace time, and then nap time.

Cat-teen is a plan changer. The personality is absolutely one that I love. It's very similar to Shu's wholehearted look at how he loved the people that he loved. There was no real levels of love, it was pretty much all or nothing. Cat-Teen is similar, but much smarter. Picture of naptime snuggles:


I think I found the other kitten to come home with me once the babies are all weaned. This little panther kitten climbed up my leg (my shoes are bigger than he/she is.) Once at the top, the panther kitten curled up against my leg and also fell asleep:


Kittens won't come home until baby is weaned. I still don't actually know if both of these two are available. I should know that in a couple weeks or so.

That should give me time to work on getting more stuff unpacked, unboxed, or gotten rid of.

And it helps that autumn is approaching fast, bringing cooler weather and pleasant evenings.

And no, I haven't forgotten Baby Sorun. He gets to come home in just over a week. I'm counting down. I have 9 days to go. His cage is all clean. I need to run to the hardware store so that I can see if I can replace a few screws that are either rusted or were missing when I bought the cage. Unfortunately, the cage maker went out of business, so replacement parts are pretty much impossible to find.

Sorun and I went toy shopping last weekend at Customer Appreciation day. He was very excitable because there were SO MANY PEOPLE! There were birds everywhere, people everywhere, and food everywhere. He finally got too excited and couldn't stand still, but couldn't work out his own body. So at that point, he had to go take some quiet time. I paid for his toys. They are waiting here for him. I plan to set up the cage next weekend and bring him home early next week. It will be nice to have him home.

No comments: