Sunday, March 29, 2020

Still hiding out? Me too

I'll be honest, though. This doesn't actually bother me.

I'm so very very VERY introverted that being ordered from a government level to stay home seems like finally, someone is thinking of ME FIRST!!

I get what little outside contact I care to have through the internet and I'm completely okay with that.

I had to go out on Friday to drop off my laptop. I'm officially unemployed now.

But I haven't opened the door since then, and I'm okay with that.

I have to go out on Tuesday to go to the chiropractor, since it is the last day I have healthcare. I'm less okay with not having healthcare coverage, and I'm not super thrilled with having to go out... but it's just a quick charge out, and since I have to be out anyway, I'll stop at the store on the way home and pick up a couple of things that I need to get.

I'd actually be really happy working remotely all the time. I would need to get a new place to live so that I could have an actual OFFICE in my house, but you know... baby steps. :)

I did toy with the idea of going out on my patio today. But there were people out there being stupid (apparently a couple of families decided that the quarantine orders didn't apply to THEM and they were having a bit of a block party. I won't go into my thoughts on that.)

So I stayed in and did some small chores.

I now have bread dough rising in the fridge, half the dishes are done, sourdough starter is fed up so that I can make pizza dough tomorrow, and I'll start gathering up recycling tomorrow to go out. It will work out.

And if I time it right, I won't have to run into anyone tomorrow either!

No comments: