Wednesday, March 18, 2020

How are you holding up?

I admit, I'm one of those introverts who honestly a) hasn't changed my lifestyle all that much from normal now that I'm being told to stay home, and b) might possibly be thrilled that FINALLY I don't have to JUSTIFY staying away from other people.

In other news, I'm quitting my job.

I do have another job lined up and the new offer is absolutely AMAZING. It is a job that will allow me to really grow, stretch my skills, and become a better investment for companies by orders of magnitude.

I'm letting specific people at my current job know. Today I told the VP of Marketing, and she is the first and only person to ask if there was any chance of me being talked out of leaving, and when the answer to that was negative, she was unhappy that the quarantining means that she and others can't take me out to lunch before I leave.

The only person that has asked me to stay and wanted to celebrate me before I leave.

I started to cry.

But that's the exact reason why I have to leave. Because there should have been others who at least wanted to celebrate with me before I left. At least expressed the desire, given the current circumstances.

A friend and I took another coworker out to lunch when she was leaving. Her department took her out to lunch as well. Heck, order me a small bouquet of flowers or something, since we can't do lunch, but acknowledge me!

No comments: