Friday, June 19, 2009

Today is going to be crafty!

I finished all my chores in my silly video game. (I play Animal Crossing on the Wii. It's fun, but sucks time horribly. :)

now I just hopped online to check a couple of things and now I am going to sign off the computer and go work on my spinning wheel for a while. I currently have a fuschia roving that I am spinning into fuschia yarn (go figure) but I am stringing little, tiny hematite beads into the yarn as it is being spun.

This yarn is the most difficult thing I have spun in a while because of those beads. The last time I was working on it was a few days ago and I managed to get about 10 inches spun and the phone rang. I jumped and lost control of my yarn, beads, and wheel. And then I didn't even reach the phone in time. ::sigh::

Several people have said, somewhat pompously, that I should turn the phone off when I want to work on something that takes that much concentration. However, since I am still trying to find a job, I need to leave the phone ON in case a recruiter or a resume recipient calls me with questions.

In other crafty notes. I had some nibbles on the idea of illusion necklaces, the true illusion style ones. Where the cord is clear, there are beads suspended, but not with crimps. So I picked up some monofilament yesterday. I have 940 yards of monofilament. Should make LOTS of necklaces. :)

I am currently working on a multistrand pearl illusion necklace at the moment. It's something I can work on with minimal space. That's good because I moved the computer so that I can watch movies or tv while working on the knotting.

I finished the crocheted mesh bag I was working on. I forgot to get a picture before I gave it to Talia's mom. So I emailed, and they will hold onto it for me until I can get over there to photograph it. I then started a small bag, about the size of a deck of cards. It's going to be a soap bag for holding pieces of soap in the shower/bath. I hate having soap bits that get stuck on the shelf, or the floor, or the drain. This will give me a cotton bag that can hold a full sized bar of soap. Since it is cotton, it can get wet and not have issues. And I don't even have to take the soap out to use it!

Uh oh. The bird is climbing around the outside of the cage. Better go wrangle him.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: