Saturday, July 25, 2009

Yay for the rain!

It's raining for the first time in like a month. I'm totally thrilled. It probably won't last for very long, but I am thrilled to have the rain just the same.

Sadly, it did mean that the yarn I had drying outside had to move since I didn't need it to get rained on.

I have roving dried, both wool and silk. I have been very busy with the dyeing. I have the Midnight roving that I dyed last weekend, and I have a tie-dyed experimental roving that turned out beautifully. I have the midnight silk roving, and the yarn from today.

I will be doing some spinning this next week, and some more jewelry. I have some chores to do with the jewelry, so I will be working on it. I finally found my lace, so I will be dyeing that soon too so that I can make some chokers out of that. At least some part of that will need to be tea-dyed.

Tomorrow is my zoo day, and it is supposed to be hot tomorrow, hotter Monday, HOTTER on Tuesday, and EVEN HOTTER on Wednesday. It's times like this that make me kind of sad that I now have a job and can't just hide in my house when it gets too hot.

On the other hand, I get paid and I like that part.

Oh, right, I was going to put up pictures of my roving and yarn. You can see it in my Flickr Account. I need to dye more Exploded Hippy, since I really really really want to see that spun up.

No comments: