Monday, September 14, 2009

yeah, I know... a month

If it's any real consolation to the 1 or 2 people who read this, I haven't gotten much new done and uploaded...

I spent a lot of time over the last month doing house keeping, and working at the new job. I am trying really hard to get my house tidied and put away. It's very slow going.

I decided to try making stitch markers for knitting, and so I have a large number of those made up. I will get some more going, as I have visions of getting them made and put onto a bracelet so that it falls under "jewelry" as well as "useful to knitters".

I had had plans to settle at the craft table this past Saturday and work on jewelry, however I spent all weekend very dizzy and ill feeling, so no jewelry, not much of anything.

Let's see, I have also had the experience of having my sliding glass door break, the landscapers broke it by accident. They also fixed it, but it was terribly upsetting. And it made me realize (well, that and the holiday), that I detest being a contractor. At least with the contract I have, I do. This contract says that I get no paid time off and no paid holidays. I have pretty much useless insurance, and no transportation benefits (like subsidized bus passes).

So yeah, that has not made me happy. However, the contract is up in January (they think it's February, but 6 months is January) and I can be looking for another job with the benefits I want and need. And this will be a good learning experience in the meantime.

I will have pictures of things in a few days after I get more done and can photograph all of them together. For now, it is time to get ready to go to work!

No comments: