Friday, February 22, 2013

Isn't it the weekend yet?

It's been a busy week, and not a super happy happy kind.

It's mostly been busy, and frustrating with the lack of a debit card.  You never really appreciate just how convenient it is until you can't just run to the store for that one thing you need.

Instead you have to plan ahead so you can go to the bank during their open hours and have enough time to stand in line (in case there is a line) and withdraw money in person (and wait while their system throws a snit fit because you want it to actually work.)

THEN you can run to the grocery store and be super careful to only get the items on your list because you only have a certain amount of cash with you and there is no flexibility there.

Oh, and don't forget that you need to hold back some cash to go put gas in the car, AND you can only put gas in the car during hours when there is an attendant, and you cannot get gas at Costco like normal because they don't do cash.

Are there workarounds for all this?  Of course there are.  But you have to have time to do them and that's one of the things I'm seriously lacking this week.

But I did manage to catch up on all my meetings yesterday and today I splurged and used some of my Starbucks card money to buy a tea.  Because I think I deserve it for being good and flexible and patient and NOT yelling at the bank people for something that wasn't completely their fault.  (The only thing that was the banks fault was that someone let one of the suspicious transactions through, and that's annoying, but it didn't cause huge issues.)

But now I have to catch up on all the work that the meetings took priority over and that's frustrating because I only have a few hours to try to do it in.

And I have to run to the bank at lunch.

No comments: