Monday, July 29, 2013

Fast post, more later, I promise

I am about neck deep in work.  Which is a HUGE improvement over last week when I was about 25 feet under water, or the week before that when I was deep in the stygian depths.  (My spell check doesn't like the word stygian, so I am going to use it a couple more times...  stygian stygian stygian STYGIAN!  So there spell check.)

Anyway, I'm still super busy, so I haven't had time to post a blog post.  But I did want to take a moment to post a plea really quickly.

A friend of mine, Nikki, is doing a bike ride for cancer research.  She could really REALLY use some help reaching her fund raising goal.

If you have the time, could you take a look?  Perhaps even donate a little bit?

She’s feeling very depressed because she hasn’t reached her goal yet. The ride is in early October, and I’d really like to help her get closer to her goal.

If you have a little bit of spare money (and trust me, I know how little I have, so I don’t expect anything from anyone) could you please help her out?

Here is the link to her rider profile, the donation button is top right.

There is no minimum for the donations, so every little bit helps. They take check and credit card (I really wish they took paypal, since I would have been able to donate last week, but my credit card was WAAAAAAAAY over there and I was too tired to get back up and get it. So I will be donating this week instead.)

This is the big plea from me.  Cancer research can use all the help it can get.  Because cancer is horrible.  All the different kinds are horrible, and it is a truly horrible way to die.  I feel very strongly about this after having so many of my immediate family members get various forms of cancer, and almost all of them succumbed to it.  



No comments: