Friday, September 11, 2015

Happy Friday

It's been a long week for me. Has it been for you?

This week just felt like it was EXTRA long. Probably because of the holiday. I didn't get a day off for the holiday, but it messed up my regular day off and I think that has contributed.

Don't get me wrong, I actually don't mind working on most holidays. Back at my last job? LOVED working on holidays. It was so quiet, no one (generally) was around and I could put on my headphones, put my ipod in my pocket, and rock OUT while getting things sorted out.

This one? It's not that I mind working holidays, it's just that I wish I had a bit more in the way of a choice of whether or not to work on a holiday. But it's okay. I don't actually mind that much.

I'm working on getting more things done for school. It was too late when I got home to do much homework. Tomorrow is for more homework, and I am hoping to get the last paper done tomorrow for the one class that I've been working on. Now that I finally have my paper off the dead computer.

I'm going to hook up my bluetooth speaker to my iphone that I use as an iPod. I'm going to turn on the play list of MY music (as opposed to the music that I have for playing at work, or singing along with... I want stuff that doesn't distract from what I am working on.)

I also am trying to deal with trying to figure out plans and options for the fiber festival at the end of the month in Oregon. I had originally planned to go down with other spinners/knitters that I know. However, this fell apart last Saturday after calling one of the local spinners. Super short version, I'm no longer going down with the other spinners.

So I'm trying to figure out if I can manage to go down on my own, if I can manage to drive down and back in one day or if I want to stay down there and visit with family.

Those can sit in the back of my head, though. Tomorrow needs to be house cleaning a bit, some laundry, and a lot of homework.

Step one is done. I have Open Office downloaded again. I'm still trying to get MS Office downloaded, but that one is being more difficult.

Knitting on the blanket continues slowly. It's harder to get time to knit when you get home really late. One of these days I will get pictures. When it looks like more than just a big green worm. :)

No comments: