Friday, January 24, 2020

Games

Do you like games?

What type of games?

I love games. I've got hordes of cards, several versions of Clue and Monopoly, Trivia Games, Strategy Games, about a dozen different chess sets (I used to be much better at chess than I am now) and so many others.

I wish I had more people to play with. I used to play with some neighbors, but let that taper off because one of them was (is) one of the absolutely worst winners and losers I've ever played games with. Winning = gloating, losing = sulking.

A few years ago I started getting some games through Steam. I bought (yet another copy of) World of Goo, one of my very favorite physics games. I love that game. I have it on Android, iOS, Nintendo Wii, Playstation Network, Windows, and now Steam. Yes, I bought it on all of those platforms.

A while back, a friend introduced me to Plague, Inc, which was a new game then. I ended up buying that for both mobile and Steam. That one is just so much fun.

I FINALLY beat the Necroa virus level the other day. Granted, it was just on the Casual setting, so the easiest level possible. However, it has taken me so many tries to finally win!

That one was convoluted. I started off in Europe, because centralized location. Then just kept everything really quiet until the virus mutated on its own. Then, of course, it was noticed almost immediately, and I had to act fast. I got it ramped up as fast as I could. Then I sent zombies after every country that had successfully avoided infection. This isn't really any different than several previous attempts, but I was a little more patient this time. And finally, it paid off! I won!

What's your favorite game?

No comments: