Friday, February 7, 2020

Random book musings

Do you have a favorite book genre and/or author?

I'll read almost anything that isn't nailed down, although romance novels are not my favorite genre. I'll try to be fair, they've gotten better over the last few years. There are fewer of the heaving bosom maidens who squeak and faint and languish while waiting for a Man to save them.

I loathe those characters. I've read a few books classified as "romance" that I was entertained by. The series that has a sense of humour, both about the genre and itself... good bet that I'll at least read it through. Well thought-out vampires or werewolves will likely get a read as well. I said WELL WRITTEN. Twilight is crap. Fifty shades of crap is worse. I have strong opinions about both lines of crap and their authors.

I enjoy Fantasy books quite a bit, and I like non-fiction often, depending on the subject.

A few months back I finally got my hands on a copy of a book about the making of the movie The Lost Boys. That book is HARD to find. Not really hard to "find", but hard to find as available to purchase. My copy came from Texas and cost me a pretty penny. Several pretty pennies. Many several.

I buy books often for my nephew... he doesn't read yet. But when he starts, I've gotten him the solid start of his own library!

I was browsing Amazon today, looking to see if I had any missing books in a couple of series... Nope. Turns out, I bought all of them a while ago... and pre-ordered the one coming out in March, back in August...

Guess I like that author.

Do you like to read? What are you reading?

No comments: